With the revival of the delinquent genre, Tokyo Revengers sparked interest among viewers as soon as it started off the bat. It is not your normal time travel series; instead, it delves into the dynamics of Japanese street gangs in the early 2000s, featuring deadly yet desirable characters.
Therefore, we present you a list of top 10 anime like Tokyo Revengers, to quench your desire for shonen/delinquent anime.
Best Anime like Tokyo Revengers!
10. Shonan Bakusouzoku
The fiercest bike riders in town, the notorious Shonan Bakuzoku, roar through the streets, flexing their riding aptitudes and wrecking chaos in the neighborhood. And all of this while still in high school.
The anime follows Eguchi Yousuke, the formidable 2nd generation leader of Shonan Bakusozoku, through his everyday challenges. Eguchi’s affection for Handicraft is second only to his affection for the gang. Watch Eguchi as he struggles to juggle his life as a mighty gang leader with the Handicraft club at school.
- Both anime live true to their titles, with bike-riding hunks and early Japanese settings.
- Even though comedy is one of the subgenres in both, Tokyo Revengers sends off dark undertones.
- Even in the middle of the gang conflicts, romance blossoms, considering both the series.
- Both anime have established their value as shonen, with Tokyo Revengers being a step ahead in terms of a time leap.
Durarara, abbreviated as DRRR!!, tells the tale of Mikado Ryugamine, a young and verdant man who has always wished to live an adventurous city life. Mikado is overjoyed to have moved to Ikebukuro to attend high school with his childhood buddy Masomi Kaida.
However, the city is not as bustling as it appears. The urban legend of a headless “bike rider” has been the buzz of the town, along with the rumors circumventing the secretive organization Darazu. Mikado’s quest for excitement is answered after witnessing the mythical “Black Rider,” but what follows is a sequence of strange incidents and innominate attacks on the streets of Ikebukuro as the turmoil unfolds.
- Both Durarara and Tokyo Revengers belong to the same Shonen genre and are jam-packed with action, thrills, and suspense.
- Both the series have similarities in their use of a large variety of memorable characters, rather than focusing just on one primary protagonist.
- Both anime include mystical aspects at the heart of their stories.
8. Ikebukuro West Gate Park
Ikebukuro is kenned for its violent gangs, Yakuza, and innominate businesses. And here is the protagonist Makoto Majima: THE INFAMOUS “TROUBLESHOOTER” who, to bulwark his friends, works as a mediator, maintaining tranquility and mending violence between the warring gangs.
But as the story progresses, and he loses his beloved, he becomes enraged and involved in highly hazardous situations, often against his better judgment.
- The most common element of both series is the tragic death of a loved one due to gang strife.
- Both anime have suspense plots and amusing storylines, and are jam-packed with action and thrills.
- Whether it’s Tokyo Revenge or Ikebukuro West Gate Park, the ugly side of Japan’s crime world is on display.
- Value, friendship, and love are two human emotions beautifully depicted by both of our protagonists.
7. Tokyo Tribe 2
This is a story of the side of Tokyo, unheard and unseen. Years after the Shibuya riots, Tokyo’s tribes finally reached an agreement. Kai and Hashim, along with their Saru “tribe,” are having the time of their lives. But chaos engulfed Sarus, turning everything tranquil to dust.
The rival gang dispatches an assassin to assassinate Saru’s bellwether. To their surprise, the assassin turned out to be “Mera” Kai’s old high school friend. Now, amidst the strife and violence of the tribes, the two find themselves embroiled in an unwelcome rivalry.
- Both anime share similarities in terms of explicit violence and bloodshed.
- One of the main subplots in both series is a friend who becomes a rival.
- Both anime are adaptations of the same-named manga series.
- Tokyo tribe and Tokyo Revengers are two anime that depict the yakuza and the dark side of Tokyo to their core.
Nobody ever gets a second chance in life. I’d be lying if I said so, after watching ‘Relife’. .’ Arata kaizaki, an unemployed, single, and hopeless, lives his life as a miserable freeter. Until one fateful day, when he finds himself with the opportunity to revert to his 17-year-old self. And, of course, he takes it.
With his youthful appearance and experienced mind, Arata is ready to undo everything that has been done wrong while discovering where his heart truly resides.
- The main themes of both anime are repentance for the past and the pressing need to right all the wrongs.
- The supernatural element dominates both series, but Relife is slightly different in that it does not jump through time.
- Takemichi and Arata both have a past life as despicable and hopeless freeeters.
- Friendship and love are important themes in both series, with Tokyo Revengers being a little more violent.
5. Bungou Stray Dogs
Nakajima Atsushi is on the verge of starvation after being kicked out of his long-time home, the “orphanage.” But fate intervenes, and he meets a suicidal enthusiast, Osamu Dazi, who is genuinely a supernatural detective and a member of the “Armed Detective Agency,” alongside his partner Doppo Kunikida.
Atsushi and his team have been coerced into collaborating with these two gifted individuals in order to eradicate the man-victualing tiger from the land of Yokohama.
- Both anime have done justice to their genres with eye-popping violence, action, and bloodshed.
- In both anime, cool, hunky, yet deadly, and violent male characters steal the show.
- Both have supernatural elements, but Bungou stray dogs do not play with time leap.
- Both anime were dominated by thrills and suspense.
4. Banana Fish
Ash Lynx is a beautiful yet cold orphan who was adopted by Dino Golzine to be his heir, but is now nothing more than a sex toy. He is now desperate to liberate himself from the clutches of the devil.
Ash, a rebellious and determined teenager, commences his investigation into the abstruse Banana Fish. However, Dino discovers his secret hideout and thus commences the story of never-ending mysteries and unforgettable friendship.
- Both series feature strong characters with a sordid history.
- Both anime dominate the watch list due to their carefully woven stories that combine thrill, suspense, and lust.
- Takemichi and Eji are both sweet and gentle characters.
- The main themes of both series are crime and violence.
Ergastalum, which was once a safe haven, is now vile and shady. A haven for prostitutes, gangsters, and petty purloiners. There are also “Handymen” ads Nic and Worick, two mercenaries in charge of handling tasks that even cops are afraid to touch.
The plot commences when the two are assigned to take down an emerging gang in top-tier mafia territory. However, this pit-like job is much deeper than the two had anticipated.
- Both anime stand out due to their distinct storylines and excellent character development throughout each episode.
- The titles of both anime are justified and entirely relevant to the plots.
- Bloodshed, violence, and gangsters dominate the plots of both series, with gangsters being on the more mature page.
- Both belong to the shonen genre.
2. Re: Zero
Never in his wildest dreams, did Subaru Natsuki, a NEET, imagine that he would be Isekaid to a different world altogether. But now he’s here. To make matters worse, he and his half-elf companion Emilia are killed in no time.
Subaru is surprised to find himself revived several minutes later. And now, with his newfound competency to turn back time, he wakes up every day determined to help his newly befriended elf and survive the hapless turns of events.
- In both anime, the protagonists’ sufferings and a string of unfortunate events are undeniable.
- The use of time jump as a major element in both series works as a dominant subplot in both stories,
- Both stories revolve around rescuing the female protagonist from an untimely and perilous death.
- Subaru and Takemichi both can go back in time multiple times.
Can you live a normal life like anyone else if you possess the ability to revive? Erased tells the story of Satoru Fujinuma, an adolescent part-timer with a bleak future, who unknowingly has the competency to leap through countless seconds in the past, sanctioning him to avert the unthinkable from transpiring.
But when his mother was murdered by an unknown assailant, Satoru leaped 18 years back in time. Now, Satoru has only one chance to turn fate around and prevent misfortune from occurring.
- The protagonists are initially portrayed as timid and mild, but their character develops dramatically as the story progresses.
- In Erased, both Satoru and Takemichi are willing to go to great lengths to save their loved ones, Mother being one of them.
- Highly suspenseful thriller, with Tokyo Revengers left on a cliffhanger for the time being.
- Both main characters in their respective series are dealing with the death of a loved one.
Do you find yourself gravitating towards the shonen genre with every click on your Crunchyroll account? Do you become jaded when you watch non-action-packed anime?
Then, we strongly advise our dear readers to watch all the aforementioned anime like Tokyo Revengers and share your favorite or recommended series in the comment box below.
You might also like:
- Top 10 Hottest Tokyo Revengers Characters! [Male]
- Top 10 Best Action Anime with Insane Fights!
- 13 Greatest Adventure Anime to Ever Exist!
- Top 10 Manga with Evil MC Worth Reading!
Visit the anime community of India-Anime Ukiyo for more content!