A romance anime as funny or interesting as Ouran High School Host Club is hard to find. Even more so when there are countless high school romance anime out there.
So, if you’re looking for anime like Ouran High School Host Club, we made this list for you.
Best Anime like Ouran High School Host Club!
This anime follows the life of a teenage boy from a poor family background, Ryūji Takasu. His unlikely friendship with the school’s so-called palm-top tiger, Taiga Aisaka, leads to a series of funny incidents regarding both their love lives.
- Both anime are based on female protagonists who are studying in school with unique characters.
- Toradora! and Ouran High School Host Club give an idea of the difference between people who are rich and poor.
- The leads of both the anime had to grow up too fast due to their environment.
- This anime like Ouran High School Host Club consists of a funny romance story whose deeper aspects can be seen in the end.
9. Fruits Basket
This anime follows the life of a teenage girl who recently lost her mother, Tohru Honda. Tohru is a kind, hardworking person who through chance comes across a secret of the Sohma family. Throughout the anime series, a few characters get introduced and the connection of different forms of love between each character and Tohru is realized.
- Both are romance-based anime with comedic elements
- Both bring you surprising twists and turns in the story and take place for the cause of amusement.
- In both anime series, you can see the kindness of the female protagonist and the fact that they don’t realize the feelings of the male characters about them.
- Both have comedic elements with a deeper meaning once the anime unfolds.
8. Blue Period
This is the story of Yatora Yaguchi a popular high schooler who works hard towards his studies but always feels like something is missing in his life, until he finds his passion for art. This passion changes him entirely, and we see the beauty of this world as understood by any artist. Will his passion make him successful in the art world?
- This anime deals with the idea of a person learning to appreciate a different type of world.
- Both anime focus on the life of high school children, still understanding themselves and the world around them.
- We see the differences in each character due to the environment they were around.
7. My Little Monster
Haru Yoshida is a boy who rarely attends school cause of fear of repercussions of his violent actions. Shizuku Mizutani is a hardworking school student who is nicknamed “dry ice” for being emotionless and cold.
This unlikely pair become friends and learn to tackle issues together. With mistimed confessions, will they ever find themselves in love with each other?
- The protagonists of both anime work hard and focus most on their goals.
- The power and impact of friendship are understood through both the anime.
- The female protagonists take care of their family issues and act more mature than their age in both the anime.
- This anime, like Ouran High School Host Club, focuses on the idea of friendship, love, and unity.
6. Ao Haru Ride
This anime focuses on the life of a 16-year-old high school student, Futaba Yoshioka. She seems to behave in a very unfeminine manner to ensure that she has friends who will stick with her.
She suddenly meets her first love at school, but with a different middle name. Furthermore, she isn’t the only person to have changed. Why is he so different? What has made him so unapproachable?
- This anime focuses on change and acceptance, similar to how Haruhi accepts her changing conditions and world.
- Both anime focus on the life of high school children.
- The impact of parental decisions is seen in the anime. Familial pressure is shown in this anime, just like in Tamaki’s story.
- The romance in this anime gives many comedic timings.
5. Teasing Master Takagi-san
This anime revolves around the love story between two middle school kids who show their love by teasing each other and playing pranks on each other.
This cute comedy leads to many laughs. Will the boy, Nishikata, ever succeed in his pranks against Takagi-san? Will he ever realize her feelings?
- This anime focuses on the romance element with perfect comedic timings.
- The idea of how you treat the people you love is shown in both the anime.
- Teasing and making jokes about the people you love to show your affection to them is an important theme covered in this anime.
4. Spy X Family
This is an action-packed comedy anime that will leave you laughing, making you want to clap your hands. The involvement of a spy, assassin, and a telepathic child pretending to be a fake family leads to some hilarious moments. Will they ever find each other’s identity?
- This is a comedic romance-based anime with other major elements.
- The characters are funny with their dialogues and how it is executed.
- There is a romance that is unnoticed by the protagonists themselves, but can be understood by everyone else.
- The mixture of innocence, comedy, romance, and friendship/family leads to an entertaining story.
3. Anonymous Noise
An unexpected triangle between three people having a passion for music. Nino does not expect to find her childhood friend at her new high school. When she sings at school, Kanade immediately recognizes her.
She also meets her childhood friend, her old singing partner, Momo Sakaki. This innocent story about love and its power on us is wonderfully written. Who will Nino get to choose? What happened to Momo?
- We see the protagonist enter a new world and adapt quickly.
- The difficulties of their new world lead them through some unexpected actions.
- Both anime have a story of love where the protagonists have not realized that they are in love.
2. Kaichou wa Maid-sama
The Student President of Seika High has a difficult life. This first female President of the once all-boys high school has a secret that no one can know.
Her part-time job is as a maid at a café. The most popular guy from Seika High finds out her secret. Will he keep the secret? Will he use it against her?
- This anime focuses on the life of a poor girl working hard to change her living conditions.
- Both anime focus on the difficulties of romance. The female protagonists are oblivious to the male character’s feelings of love.
- Like Haruhi, the protagonist Misaki acts recklessly when provoked or for the people she loves.
- The comedic style is similar in both anime.
1. Special A
Special A is the story of Hikari Hanazono a very special student whose abilities are beyond comprehension for most people. The only person who has ever beat her in everything is Kei Takishima.
She considers him her utmost rival and friend. They both are part of the special group of their school students, where only the top 7 students are present. Will Hikari ever realize Takishima’s feelings?
- The protagonists of both anime are strong girls who work hard for their future. Their differences from other females make them stand out, yet they are kind and understanding to the other characters.
- The anime focuses on the idea of girls who always tend to do the right things irrespective of the situation.
- Just like Haruhi, Hikari believes in always being there for your friends. Thus, in both anime, there is a friendship-based atmosphere.
- In both anime, the female protagonists are unaware of their feelings.
Ouran High School Host Club is a romantic comedy with a reverse harem theme that makes everyone laugh with its timings. The different anime characters with entirely different personalities in contrast with the other characters make the anime stand out.
So, what do you think about our list of anime like Ouran High School Host Club? Do you have any other anime on your mind? Want to learn about some reverse harem anime? Let us know what you think in the comment section below.
You might also like:
- Top 10 Cutest Romance Anime like Toradora You Should Watch!
- 10 Delightful Anime like Fruits Basket You Won’t Regret Watching!
- 13 Hot Anime like High School DxD to Give You Nosebleeds!
- 11 Epic Anime like Solo Leveling You Won’t Regret Watching!
Visit the anime community of India-Anime Ukiyo for more content!
For the latest anime news and reviews, follow Anime Ukiyo on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Telegram Channel.