After this supernatural, romantic ride, looking for similar anime must be difficult. We got recommendations like Spice and Wolf for you.
So, what are some best anime similar to Spice and Wolf? If you’re looking to watch interesting anime like Spice and Wolf, then we’ve got the perfect list for you.
Best Anime like Spice and Wolf
8. Kamisama Kiss
This story focuses on Nanami Momozono and Tomoe. This story talks about how Nanami became homeless after being abandoned by her dad because of his debt.
She protects the God Mikage from dogs, so he leaves and makes her go to his shrine. When she reaches the shrine, she finds out that she has become the new deity at the hands of Mikage.
- This anime, like Spice and Wolf, has a romance involving deities.
- This anime deals with hope, love, destiny, and change, like Spice and Wolf.
- The slow building of realization of feelings is similar in both anime.
7. Fruits Basket
This anime follows the life of a teenage girl who recently lost her mother, Tohru Honda. Tohru is a kind, hardworking person who, through chance, comes across a secret of the Sohma family. Throughout the anime series, a few characters get introduced, and the connection of different forms of love between each character and Tohru is realized.
- Both are romance-based anime with comedic elements.
- Like Spice and Wolf, Fruits Basket has a supernatural background.
- In both anime, a few characters can turn into animals.
- Both anime consists of people hoping to change themselves and their future.
This anime begins with the story of a rebel’s death by the sword form in which an actual sword is not used. The hero who stopped the rebellion gets banished to an island due to the King’s fear of power.
One day a particular “strategist,” Togame, comes to the island seeking the hero’s help. She hopes to get the twelve swords made by the famous swordsmith Kiki Shikizaki with help. As the hero has died, she needs help from his son, but he does not want to leave the island. Will she be able to convince him to join the journey? Will she get the twelve swords? Does she seek the swords out of greed?
- This anime, similarly to Spice and Wolf, focuses on corruption and its impact on society.
- It is a story based on a different Era.
- The impact of love, hope, and change is understood.
- The power play is a concept that is noticeable in both anime.
5. By the Grace of the Gods
An eleven-year-old boy lives peacefully in a world of magic, but everything about him seems mysterious. It turns out he was a middle-aged man who died on earth, and three deities decided to give him a new life in a different world to bring magic to their world. Will his new life be better than his last one? Will he find the happiness that he deserves?
- This anime is also a fantasy anime.
- Both anime focus on the impact of powerful forces such as deities or gods.
- The idea of powers similar to magic delves into both anime.
4. That Time I Got Reincarnated As A Slime
As the title suggests, this story is about a man getting reincarnated as a slime. Mikami Satoru finds himself in an alternate universe in the form of slime after getting killed by a random thug. In this life, He decides to promote harmony between different races for a peaceful future. Will he be able to do it?
- It is a fantasy-based anime.
- Like Spice and Wolf, the idea of spreading peace between different races or types of people rests in the main theme
- The idea of community and growth is seen in both the anime.
This story sets in the 1920s in Europe, where a mysterious young girl is found in the library by a new Japanese exchange student. The girl is very intriguing and does her brother’s work by behaving like a detective. This extremely brilliant girl has a sad backstory. Why is she stuck in the library? Will she ever find freedom?
- It is a historical European fictional story.
- The female characters of both anime are portrayed to be tsundere-like characters.
- In both anime, there is magic and the impact of its power.
- We can notice that the main female leads are tired of how they are treated.
It is a series of light stories based on the life of a young boy, Koyomi Araragi. He gets bitten by a vampire and later turns back into a human with the help of Meme Oshino. He retains some vampiric traits. How does it impact his life?
- Both anime consists of discovering a fantasy part of their, world-leading the male protagonists into different forms of adventure.
- Bakemonogatari is the same genre of romance as Spice and Wolf.
- Both anime consists of a slow love story development.
- In both anime, the main female leads are tsundere characters.
1. Maoyuu Maou Yuusha
The greatest warrior of the humans, Yuusha, wishes to end the fifteen-year-old war between the humans and the demons. Thus, he goes to end the Demon King and is shocked to realize that the Demon King is a woman. The Demon King then convinces him to help her end the war. How are they going to end this long war? Will something else come out of this interaction?
- In both anime, it is an obvious romance between the main characters.
- Both anime have one non-human and one human protagonist.
- The fantasy nature leads to an interspecies relationship and a perspective on their economy.
- In both anime, the same directors and voice actors (main leads) take part.
Spice and Wolf is one of the famous works of Isuna Hasekura, leading into a beautiful world of fantasy with extreme economic challenges. It also gives an idea of corruption and its impact on everyone.
So, what do you think about this list of anime like Spice and Wolf? Do you have any other anime on your mind? Want to watch more fantasy anime? Let us know what you think in the comment section below.
You might also like: