Deadman Wonderland is a flawed yet gripping anime which can keep any viewer on the edge of their seat. Ever since the first season came out in 2011, we haven’t seen another season from it.
So, the question is, will there be Deadman Wonderland season 2? Or is Deadman Wonderland season 2 release date confirmed already? In this article, we’ll reveal all the details for you.
Deadman Wonderland Season 2 Release Date!
Unfortunately, even after a decade, there is no official news from the franchise and apparently, Manglobe studio who made the anime had shut down and therefore, there is no release date even to this date.
But don’t get disappointed yet because even if we don’t have a release date, we may expect something positive at the very least. In a sense, let’s predict whether there will be Deadman Wonderland season 2 and when.
Will There be Deadman Wonderland Season 2?
Before determining whether there will be another season to the anime, we need to know how it performed with the previous season, its popularity, and the manga.
No doubt, Deadman Wonderland performed well and was a huge hit when it came out. However, the team behind it decided to leave out a few major characters who later appeared in the manga.
Without them, the season 2 was practically impossible. Even if the franchise forced to do so, it would be a complete disaster. So, people had no choice but to go on with the manga. So, currently, the possibilities of getting Deadman Wonderland are clearly 0%.
Reasons Why Deadman Wonderland is Not Possible!
There are a few important reasons why Deadman Wonderland anime was cancelled without a second season.
- Since the team behind the anime left out a few important characters who later would turn out to be significant ones, there was no point in continuing it.
- In 2015, Manglobe anime studio went to bankruptcy and was dissolved because of debt crisis.
- A remake or reboot would make much more sense than a season 2 at this point.
- Since the original team parted their ways, the franchise could hire a new team to continue it, but there is a high chance of failure than success so, it was not initiated.
Deadman Wonderland Manga Continuation!
Since the anime doesn’t feel like getting a second season at all, it might be best if you move on and continue reading the manga from where it left off in the anime. However, there is a twist.
Since one of the reasons the anime wasn’t a faithful adaptation of the manga was because it changed a lot of content. So, you’re better off reading the manga from the beginning to get a clear perspective on the story.
If you can’t afford to read the entire thing and fixated on continuing the storyline, you can start with Volume 6 as the events unfolding from there will match the anime’s ending.
Deadman Wonderland Season 2 Trailer!
Since there is no Deadman Wonderland season 2 confirmation yet, there is no trailer for the second season as well. Although there are a lot of trailers on YouTube, all of them of fan-made with clips from the first season.
But if in the future, through a miracle, if we do get another season or a remake/reboot, we’ll make sure to update the trailer here.
Deadman Wonderland Cast & Staff:
Main Cast Members:
- Ganta Igarashi (Romi Park)
- Shiro (Kana Hanazawa)
- Original Creator(s): Jinsei Kataoka, Kazuma Kondou
- Producer(s): Shinichirou Kobayashi, Takashi Kouchiyama, Hiroaki Matsuura
- Director: Kouichi Hatsumi
- Sound Director: Yoshikazu Iwanami
- Animation Studio: Manglobe
- Script and Series Composition: Yasuyuki Mutuo
- Chief Animation Director: Hirokazu Kojima
- Original Character Design: Kazuma Kondou
- Music: Narasaki
So, it must have become clear to you that Deadman Wonderland season might not be possible at all. However, even though the chances are quite slim, you can’t give up hope on it but just remember it won’t be releasing anytime soon.
If you’re interested in more Anime Next Season articles, you can refer to our page. For more updates, stay tuned on Anime Ukiyo.
Latest from Us:
- 14 Best Fat/Chubby Anime Girls [Plus Size Anime Girls]
- Laid-Back Camp Season 3 Anime Is Set for April 2024 Release
- Nichijou Season 2: Confirmed Release Date, Plot, Trailer, and More Updates
- Parasyte Season 2: Confirmed Release Date, Plot, Trailer, and More Updates
- Jujutsu Kaisen Season 2 Release Schedule: When Will the Remaining Episodes Air
Visit the anime community of India-Anime Ukiyo for more content!