Demon Slayer and Weathering With You into the winners’ list!
Demon Slayer and Weathering With You have been the most successful anime of 2019. However, Weathering With You lost in the race of Oscars, and Demon Slayer is still getting popular in certain regions despite its hype over the world. But with the achievements at the Tokyo Anime Film Festival, these anime shows have proven their worth.
The Tokyo Anime Film Festival (TAAF) reveals the winners of the animation of the year awards, and Demon Slayer won the television category for its works such as Screenplay and Visuals while Weathering With You wins the award for the Best Animated Fim of the Year.
Also read- Ultraman gets a new Smartphone game.
The Winners of Individual Awards:
- Koyoharu Gotouge wins in the Best Screenplay Award for his works on Demon Slayer.
- Makoto Shinkai wins the award for Weathering With You in the Best Director Category.
- Akura Matsushima wins the award in the Animator category on the works of DemonSlayer and Tales of Zestiria, the X.
- Mikiko Watanabe wins for the background and video category for Violet Evergarden, Beyond the Boundary, Sound! Euphonium, Liz, and the Blue Bird.
- Yuki Kajura wins the award in the category of Sound and Performance category for Demon Slayer, Fate/stay night: Heaven’s Feel and Sword Art Online: Alicilization-War of Underworld.
- And most unique and precious category based on fan votes is won by Uta no Prince Sama Maji Love kingdom, and the name of the award is Festival’s fan award.
Out of 439 anime titles, which also includes the anime from foreign countries, the fans chose the best 100 anime titles (20 anime films and 80 TV series). Even with such heavy competition, Demon Slayer and Weathering With You both have won the awards on best-animated Tv series and best-animated movies, respectively. The selection list will be officially given to the anime industry professions like producers, animators, directors, and other people who can judge the works based on their experience to vote for the single anime, which takes the award as the best.
Despite the individual awards, the top 10 winners of the film festival are:
- Uta no Prince-Sama: the Maji Love Kingdom with 61, 551 votes.
- Shinkansen Henkei Robo Shinkalion The Animation with 56,423 votes.
- Mr Osomatsu The Movie with47,107 votes.
- Sarazanmei with 46,023 votes.
- Banana Fish with 42,753 votes.
- Bloom Into You takes place with 41,969 votes.
- Mob Psycho 100 II acquires 28,991 votes.
- Yu-Gi-Oh!Vrains with 28, 369 votes.
- Promare with 24,923 votes.
- Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba with 23,569 votes.
And the Tokyo Anime Film Festival also reminded us about the announcement of Lifetime Achievement Awards for 2020 ceremony in December 2019. And they are going to be given at Ikebukuro, Tokyo, where the ceremony is going to take place from March 13 to March 16. We’ll have to wait for further details before they announce the lifetime achievement category. Stay Tuned for more Updates!