Fist of the North anime might be really old because it’s been over 25 years since it aired but it is one of those classics you should never ignore. It’s extremely good and if you’ve decided to watch it, then you’ve made an excellent decision.
But there is an order in which you can enjoy the anime without any confusion and in fact, you’ll have the best experience with the story. So, let us present you with the best and easiest Fist of the North Star Watch Order!
Fist of the North Star Watch Order!
1. Fist of the North Star
The first season titled “Fist of the North Star” or “Hokuto no Ken” is obviously the first part to get into the anime and it’ll give you pretty much everything you need. So, get on with it once you start watching the anime.
2. Fist of the North Star 2
Aired from 1987 to 1988, the second season of the anime titled “Fist of the North Star 2.” It is a continuation of the anime with a time gap in between.
So, you can say, watching the first season does matter before getting into this one. Of course, you’ll have to watch these both in the given order to grasp the story precisely.
3. Shin Fist of the North Star
This one is an OVA series with 3 episodes in it. Normally you would ignore OVAs for some anime series but never miss out on this one.
It sets around a post-apocalyptic story and presents the anime pretty well. After watching the first two seasons of the anime, you’ll definitely be wanting more of it. This works for the best either way since you don’t have to worry about missing any details.
What about the Fist of the Blue Sky Anime Series?
Well, this one indeed sounds like a prequel of “Fist of the North” anime but it completely isn’t. That’s because it doesn’t cover the entire manga and even though it sets in the same world, it is a standalone series.
Watching them before “Fist of the North” might seem like a good idea to you but we don’t recommend it at all. You can completely skip it and wouldn’t miss a thing. I guess this clarifies everything.
1. There is a movie titled “Fist of the North Star: The Movie” but it only adapts part of the first season.
2. There are also more than a few other adaptations that are claimed as remakes of the first season with a few alterations. They are not much important either.
3. The ones with “DD Hokuto no Ken” are parody shorts with 3D CGI and not important too.
That’s pretty much everything you need to know before getting into the franchise. We’ve tried watching all the other side stories and remakes but none of them are as good as the original anime.
So, except for the main series along with the OVA one, you can ignore almost everything. We hope this article was helpful to you. Let us know what you think in the comment section below.
Latest from Us:
- Super Crooks Anime Release Date Confirmed with a Netflix Trailer!
- A Civil Servant in Japan Gets Suspended for 6 Months for Writing Light Novels!
- Top 25 Anime Characters Birthdays in January!
- The Best “Hajime no Ippo Watch Order” Guide to Follow!
- Crunchyroll Adds Hajime no Ippo Anime to its Catalog!
Visit the anime community of India-Anime Ukiyo for more content!