To explain Neon Genesis Evangelion in a couple of words, it is hugely experimental and wonderfully unique. In the history of anime, it is a roaring success.
So, if you’re wondering about Neon Genesis Evangelion Watch Order, we’ve got the correct list waiting for you. Let’s get started.
Neon Genesis Evangelion Watch Order!
1. Neon Genesis Evangelion
From 1995 to 1996, Neon Genesis Evangelion aired as the first part of the series, and you obviously need to watch it to grasp the story.
Although it faced lots of budgetary problems and parental complaints, they somehow pulled it, resulting in a fantastic anime.
Make sure to start with this one before you getting into any of them. Otherwise, it doesn’t make much sense!
2. The End of Evangelion (Movie)
Now then, right after viewing such a classic part 1, you need something even more impressive. The End of Evangelion movie offers precisely what you need.
Once you’re finished watching the first season, there aren’t any other seasons to pick up on. Instead, it would be best if you jumped right into this movie.
That’s it. You don’t need to complicate yourself by going through spinoffs and side stories. So, here are a few tips for you before getting into it.
Points to Remember:
- Evangelion Rebuild movies 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, and 4.0 expands the endings of original TV series, so if you want to watch them, try them after watching the TV series.
- Episodes 21-24 of the anime have a director’s cut version. You need to watch them instead of the standard 21-24 episodes for a better and clear understanding of the story.
- These director’s cut episodes are 26-28 minutes long, while regular episodes are 23 minutes in duration.
- Neon Genesis Evangelion: Death and Rebirth is nothing but a summary of the entire series containing recapped portions with a few extra scenes. It’s not a must-watch, though.
- If you’re going to watch Rebuild movies in the beginning, you’ll be losing a lot of context behind, and you won’t be able to appreciate the films completely.
A Quick Review on Neon Genesis Evangelion!
So, should you watch this anime? Absolutely yes, and there’s no way you can possibly say no to that answer once you watch it.
Neon Genesis Evangelion has been one of the most influential anime since the 90s, and even today, we don’t see anime with such caliber (at least in the sci-fi/mecha genre).
If you’re having any second thoughts on it, erase them from your mind and enjoy this epic ride without any loose ends. You’ll be glad for making the right choice.
So, it is as simple as that. Unlike most anime shows like Fate, Evangelion isn’t as confusing. You just need to watch the first season and the movie.
In this Neon Genesis Evangelion watch order, we’ve mentioned a few points that’ll help you along the ride. Make sure you read them all before getting into the actual anime.
We hope you found what you’re looking for and if you have any queries regarding the article, feel free to let us know through the comment section below.
You might also like:
- 10 Best Sci-Fi Anime to Hook You Up Right from The Beginning!
- 13 Best Mecha Anime & Robot Anime of All Time!
- 13 Best Post Apocalyptic Anime to Watch Before the World Ends!
Visit the anime community of India-Anime Ukiyo for more content!