It has been a while since the first season of Made in Abyss came out, and we have been waiting for over two years since then. Although we had confirmation before, it was just based on information.
During the “Made in Abyss Online Fan Meeting- Cave Raiders Guild Rally” event, the franchise revealed a promotional video and a key visual for the upcoming anime, which is confirmed to release sometime soon in 2022.
The franchise also announced the cast members (old and new):
- Miyu Tomita as Riko
- Mariya Ise as Reg
- Shiori Izawa as Nanchi
- Misaki Kuno as Faputa
- Yuka Terasaki as Vueko
- Hiroaki Hirata as Wazukyan
- Mitsuki Saiga as Belaf
The staff members include:
- Director: Masayuki Kojima
- Assistant Director: Hitoshi Haga
- Character Designs: Kazuchika Kise (Production I.G)
- Director Photography: Tsunetaka Ema
- Series Composition and Scripts: Hideyuki Kurata
- Color Design: Miyao Yamashita
- Sound Director: Yo Yamada
- Sound Effects: Toru Noguchi
- Music: Kevin Penkin
- Music Producer: Hiromitsu Lijima
- Music Production: Irma la Douce
- Animation Production: Kinema Citrus
In addition to these, Yuka Kuroda will be joining Kise as the second character designer. Takeshi Takakura, who used to be the prop designer of the first season, is now the design leader, and Takumi Sakura will be taking this season’s prop designer position.
Teru Sekiguchi will also be joining the crew as the second art director alongside Osamu Masuyama, and Masayuki Kurosawa will be the editing staff. Kadokawa is collaborating on the music production.
Sentai Filmworks licensed the second season to release the home video and digital the following year. So, everything’s been planned and set as a schedule.
We just need to wait until the anime comes and enjoy it to the maximum. So, are you excited about this anime? Have you watched the first season yet? Let us know your thoughts in the comment section below.