Vinland Saga not only wins the award as the best anime of the Year but also the trust of its fans over the world!
The 6th anime trending awards are here, and the anime series which made a mark in 2019 have won what they deserve. Demon Slayer, Dr.Stone, The Promised Neverland, Vinland Saga have won the hearts of the anime fans and even made 2019 a historical one in anime history. These anime series also surpassed some best anime of all time in some categories and proved their worth at the 6th anime awards.
Vinland Saga wins the Anime of the Year Award!
By a margin of 14 votes, the smallest winning margin ever in the history, the Vikings avenges their defeat against the Space Adventurers from the last summer. Vinland Saga wins the Anime of the Year Award at the 6th anime awards and two more additional awards for Best in Sceneries and Visuals and Action anime of the Year Award. In Summer 2019, Astra and Vinland Saga were the top two nominees, and Astra ended up being the victor.
It is the first time that a 2-cour anime series(with more than 12 or 13 episodes) has won the title of Anime of the Year. In the past, these awards have mostly won by the single cour and Slice of Life Romance anime series, and it seems like Vinland Saga has started the revolution to end their reign. Even though Astra has lost in the race of Best Anime of the Year Award, it was a pretty good series to look. It also took most of the f awards alongside Demon Slayer, The Promised Neverland, and Kaguya-sama: Love is War. All these three anime have filled their pockets with three awards each.
Side Category Awards
- Vinland Saga– Action or Adventure Anime of the Year
- Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba– Supernatural Anime of the Year
- The Promised Neverland-Drama Anime of the Year
- Astra-Mecha or Sci-fi anime of the Year
- Kaguya-sama: Love is War- Best Comedy anime of the Year
- Senku(Dr.Stone)-Man of the Year
- Raphtalia(The Rising of the Shield Hero)-Girl of the Year
- Erwin Smith(Attack on Titan)-Supporting Man of the Year
- Ai Hayasaka(Kaguya-sama: love is War)-Supporting Girl of the Year
- Nishikata x Takogi(Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san 2)-Couple Ship of the Year
- Astra Lost in Space- Best in Adaption
- Carole and Tuesday-Best Original Anime
- Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba-Best in Animation Effects and Sequences
- Dr.Stone-Best in Character Design
- Kaguya-Sama: Love is War-Best in Ensemble
- Vinland Saga-Best in Sceneries and Visuals
- The Promised Neverland-Best in Soundtrack
Theme Song Awards
- “Kawaki wo Ameku” from Domestic Girlfriend-Opening Theme song of the Year
- “Unlasting” from Sword Art Online Alicization: War of Underworld-Ending Theme song of the Year
Despite these, there are Upsets and Surprises in this Year Awards:
The biggest upset of the night was for the Romance Anime of the Year. Both Kaguya-sama: Love is War, and Fruit Basket have lost in the race, and surprisingly, The Quintessential Quintuplets has won the award whose manga just ended.
Another surprise was Senku from Dr.Stone winning the Best Man of the Year Award by defeating the Kamado Tanjiro of Demon Slayer. And Emma from The Promised Neverland stood up in the race of Best Girl of the Year by ranking the second place.
This Year’s awards have the highest recorded turnout in anime history and there were a total of 70,000 people participated in the polls. However, there were a few disappointments, but there are more surprises than upsets. With all these results, most of the anime of 2019 has proven their worth. And some of those have scheduled to be back with the next seasons soon. Well, who isn’t excited about Vinland Saga? Let’s hope these upcoming seasons will be perfect sequels for these worthy ones. Stay tuned for more updates!