“xxxHolic” is a supernatural manga that is pretty popular in Japan, and The distribution company Asmik Ace is producing a live-action film for this manga. It will be released in theatres in Japan on April 29, 2022.
The production franchise already revealed the cast and crew members. You can see them here.
The Cast Members include:
- Ryuunosuke Kamiki as Kimihiro Watanuki (Previously worked on Kimi no Na wa and Summer Wars)
- Kou Shibasaki as Yuuko Ichihara (Previous works include Battle Royale and Nobunaga Concerto)
The Crew Members include:
- Director: MIka Ninagawa
- Script Writer: Erika Yoshida
- Distribution Inchargers: Shochiku and Asmil Ace
The xxxHolic manga was first serialized in Weekly Young Magazine from 2003 to 2010. Then it was transferred to Bessatsu Shounen Magazine from June 2010. The manga was concluded in February 2011, and Kodansha published a total of 19 volumes during the release timeframe.
It also has an anime series with a couple of seasons with 24 and 13 episodes, respectively. Along with these, it has a movie (xxxHOLiC The Movie: A Midsummer Night’s Dream) that came out in August 2005.
If you have read the manga, you might as well watch the anime and wait for the live-action series that is going to air in the coming April. So, are you excited for this live-action film? Let us know what you think in the comment section below.
Latest from Us:
- Blue Period Anime Gets Delayed by Another Week Outside Japan!
- 7 of These Popular Manga are Ending Soon! Curious to Know?
- Netflix Adds Doraemon 2 CG Film and GKIDS Licenses Fortune Favors Lady Anime!
- Top 10 Strongest Jujutsu Kaisen Characters Ranked!
- “xxxHolic” Manga Gets a Live-Action Film in April 2022!