Gurren Lagann Season 2 Release Date: Is it Renewed for Another Season?

Gurren Lagann season 2
Image Credits: Aniplex of America

Gurren Lagann was an indisputable masterpiece, and we’ve been appreciating it for over a decade now. But, has there been another season of the anime yet? Nope.

So, the question is, will there be Gurren Lagann season 2? Or is Gurren Lagann season 2 release date confirmed already? In this article, we’ll reveal all the details for you.

Gurren Lagann Season 2 Release Date!

As of now, there is no official announcement regarding Gurren Lagann season 2 from Gainaxx studio and although Gainaxx is not well known for making second seasons for anime series, you may not lose the spirit.

Even though it seems as there won’t be getting another season for the anime, we have seen how Classroom of the Elite and The Devil is a Part Timer have gotten a second season even after almost a decade.

Will There be Gurren Lagann Season 2?

Gurren Lagann Season 2 Release Date!
Image Credits: Aniplex of America

To determine whether an anime gets another season, we need to take three main factors into consideration. It’s popularity, past performance, and source material.

Popularity: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is immensely popular as one of the best mecha anime series of all time and, just like Evangeline, it is among the top echelon anime.

Past Performance: Past Performance can be anything from sales to its streaming statistics. Although we’re not exactly sure on numbers as it gets changed every year, it is not an exaggeration to say, its sales keep increasing.

Source Material: Source Material refers to the source of the anime from where it adapted the story. It could be manga, light novels, and games. In this anime’s case, it is individual script without relating to any source.

Possibilities of Gurren Lagann Season 2:

Although we said don’t lose hope on the second season, we had to step down from that. It seems as if it is not likely possible to make another season for the anime because of certain reasons.

The thing is, the manga came after the anime. So, there isn’t really any source material to continue the anime for another season. However, there are parallel works and movie bonuses if you want to explore more of Gurren Lagann world.

  • Gurren Lagann The Movie: Childhood’s End
  • Gurren Lagann The Movie: The Lights in the Sky are Stars
  • Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann: Parallel Works
  • Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann: Parallel Works 2

Besides, it won’t do any good writing a sequel for the anime as it ended perfectly and any more than that would be a miraculous writing. So, unless you’re hoping for something uncanny, it is not possible.

Gurren Lagann Manga Continuation!

Gurren Lagann manga continuation

As we mentioned above, the manga came after the anime ended. So, there is no manga aftermath of the events from the anime. Therefore, if you want a different perspective, you can read the manga.

If you’re unsure of a decent reading source for the manga, we’ll link you one below.

Gurren Lagann Season 2 Trailer!

Since there is any official confirmation for the second season, it is not logical to expect a trailer for the next season. So, there is none at the moment except for a few fan made trailers, which will all be for naught.

However, if through a sheer miracle, the anime does get another season, we’ll make sure to update it here.

Final Thoughts!

In conclusion, there is more than 99% probability that we won’t be getting Gurren Lagann season 2 but still 1% hope if it gets script enough to pull it for another season.

So, did you enjoy watching Gurren Lagann so far? What are your thoughts on it? Let us know what you think in the comment section below.

Posted by
Hanumanth Reddy

Hanumanth is the Founder and Editor-in-Chief at Anime Ukiyo. He's a seasonal anime watcher and shares his knowledge on anime through his writing. He loved anime for a long time and in the process of loving it more, he created this amazing website.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *